5 Menstrual Care Tips for a Healthy Womb
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy (ATMAT) are a form of bodywork best known for supporting reproductive health, digestion, pregnancy and birth. Women often seek out Maya Abdominal Therapy to improve menstrual health, to balance hormones, to regulate their cycles and decrease pain. During pregnancy, ATMAT helps women adjust to the massive changes within, encourages babies to be in optimal positions for birth, and welcomes in a timely labor. After birth or a pregnancy loss, it helps cleanse the uterine lining, returns warmth to the uterus, and revives fertility.
While our bodies are designed to be able to maintain and return to optimal health, sometimes our healing pathways are blocked. Mayan Abdominal Therapy gently restores healing and balance to the reproductive and digestive organs, and to the body structures that support them.
5 Menstrual Care Tips for a Healthy Womb:
- WARM YOUR WOMB. Cold in the uterus is believed to be a root cause of many uterine issues, including cramps, clots and infertility. Warming your womb during menstruation is a simple way to replenish yourself and relieve cramping. Try an epsom salts bath or tucking into bed with a hot water bottle.
- DITCH TAMPONS. Typically made of synthetic materials, tampons increase cramping, change the natural pH and moisture balance of the vagina, and introduce toxins. For your body and the planet, try a natural reusable option like a menstrual cup or cloth pads.
- TAKE IT EASY. The uterus is suspended floating in your pelvis. During menstruation it’s nearly double it’s normal size and weight. That puts strain on the 14 ligaments that hold your uterus and ovaries in place! Menstruation is a good time to take it easy and avoid all high impact exercises. Yoga is a great option!
- KNOW YOU’RE OPEN. Your cervix, the gateway to your uterus, your creative center, is literally open during menstruation. It’s wise to be mindful and protective of the influences around you, including, physical, sexual, spiritual and emotional. Not a good time for skinny dipping at Baker Beach!
- HAVE A PERIOD. The monthly cleansing is essential for feminine health. If you’re on hormonal birth control, even if you bleed regularly, it’s not a true period. Choose a non-hormonal form of birth control like Fertility Awareness Method to welcome back your natural cycles and inner wisdom. And of course, try Maya Abdominal Therapy!
Use the code LOVEJANE to get 25% off your initial treatment. Take good care!