Childbirth Prep Tips by Lydia Waggoner
1. Move in Tune with Your Body
Enter labor with optimal levels of nature’s pain relievers and feel-good hormones – endorphins!
Women who exercise regularly throughout pregnancy can boost:
- Overall levels of endorphins before the big day
- Energy, mood, and self-image
- Healthy posture, respiration, circulation, and muscle tone, strength, and endurance
- Whether it’s yoga, swimming, dancing, or a walk in the park, aim for 30 minutes (3-7 days per week).
2. Envelop Yourself in Support
Beyond choosing a birth team aligned with your needs, consider who will support you and how they will support you after baby is born.
Begin to make arrangements for:
- nourishing meals
- rest and sleep
- baby feeding support
- errands and chores
- advice and companionship
- childcare for older children
With a postpartum plan in place, you will be prepared to receive what you need.
3. Lighten Your Load
Assess how much you’ve been carrying and identify what needs to be released. Throughout pregnancy, notice which places inside of you need extra care.
When doubt creeps in, talk to your baby. Tell baby exactly how much you love ’em. And how you’re taking extra good care of yourself to pave a path of joy and ease for the both of you.”
Lydia Fong Waggoner is a yoga teacher and a childbirth educator who is passionate about supporting women in having the safest and most satisfying birth experience.
2 Specials for Jane’s Students
Semi-private Childbirth Preparation Classes
Register for one of Lydia’s Semi-private (maximum of 5 couples), Childbirth Preparation Class Series with promo code “MamaTree” to receive $50 off. Receive $75 off when you register with another couple.
Choose-Your-Own-Price Pregnancy, Birth & Postpartum Consulting Services
Choose to be 1 of only 3 families who enjoy:
- An initial consultation to identify your needs
- Educational and emotional support until birth, through birth, and 2 weeks after birth
- Support during active labor at home
- Continued support at the hospital, birth center, or home until you give birth
- Photo documentation of your labor and birth
- An organic, home-cooked postpartum meal tailored to your family’s dietary needs
I invite you to reciprocate in way that resonates with you.
Yes, you read that correctly. Between now and the day I deliver your organic, home-cooked meal to your home, *you* determine exactly how and to what degree your reciprocate for my services.
Only 3 families will receive these services. Please contact me as soon as possible if you think you might be interested.
Learn more about Lydia, her classes, and her services at www.UrbanCrunchyMama.com.